This workshop will help you learn how use both mindfulness and movement to activate your creative process.
There are 4 key stages of the creative brain: preparation, incubation, illumination, and verification. The more effectively we move through these 4 stages the easier we generate and launch new ideas. However for most of us, creativity is not something we can turn on and off. It’s a space we enter into, sometimes inconsistently.
The stillness of meditation and the movement of yoga can help us develop space in our bodies and minds to allow us to more easily connect to our creativity. Better supporting each of the creative stages.
Creativity requires both freedom and constraint in our thinking. We will practice both throughout this workshop and provide tools for you to utilize at home after the workshop.
- Science based Lecture on creativity, yoga and meditation
- All yoga props including yoga mat, bolster, blocks, blankets and eye pillows
- An imagination inspiring yoga practice to create openness in the body
- Explore breathing techniques to focus the mind and implement when faced with challenges in day to day life.
- A safe, non-judgemental and supportive environment to share your experience and connect with others.
- Small intimate setting to encourage community, group size limited to 14 people
- Herbal teas and healthy snacks
Training Costs: $40 per person
About Jeanne: Jeanne began practicing yoga in 2007 as part of her rehabilitation from a lower back injury. Over the past 10 years, Jeanne has learned that the benefits of yoga stretch far beyond the strength and flexibility gained from physical poses. Jeanne believes yoga and meditation can better connect us to ourselves, each other, and our communities.